I accidentally deleted my playlists in iTunes but they are still on my iPhone. How do I transfer playlist on my iPhone to iTunes? – Asked by Andrew
Yeah, we have to admit that we still know a little about how to handle data between iOS device and iTunes, and it seems the operations are so complicate. Actually, once you have done it one time, you will find it is easier than you think. Moreover, you may be able to find other better ways to get problem solved. Now, come back to the problem Andrew had encountered, let’s take how to move playlist from iOS device to iTunes for example to learn how to deal with iOS data management with ease.
Transfer Music Playlist from iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch to iTunes
For help transferring playlist from iOS device to iTunes, these steps are required:
1. Launch iTunes.
2. Connect iPhone or other devices to computer.
3. Find your iPhone on the “Devices” menu, and then you can find all the playlist names created on iPhone are shown in the last column.
4. Click on the playlist name which you need to sync to iTunes, right-click and choose “Export…”
5. In the pop-up windows, name the playlist and save it on PC/Mac as XML format.
6. Go to File>Library on iTunes and select “Import Playlist” to import the XML playlist file you just created.
However, this is not the perfect result! That somehow we have transferred iPhone playlist to computer, but still some music playlist issues exist. Such as iTunes sync will erase those playlists created before, a failed synchronization may cause both iOS device and iTunes playlist lose. To keep your playlists work for you forever, you should copy iPhone playlist to computer without iTunes. Then, is it possible? Yes!
Transfer iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Playlist to Computer without iTunes
Apple doesn’t allow doing it, but some tools have been developed to satisfy our urgent demand. Tenorshare iPhone 5 Transfer maybe not so famous at the moment, but after the testing and tryout on different kind of iOS devices for many times, it is proved to be the excellent data transfer tool.
Note: iPhone 5 Transfer just a product name, and actually it compatible well with iPhone 6 Plus/6, iPhone 4S/4, iPhone 3GS and all the iPad, iPod models.
If you need to get iPhone, iPad or iPod playlist to computer, do as the following:
1. Download iOS Devices Playlist Transfer tool on PC and install it.
2. Open the program and connect your device with computer. After the authentication, this tool will scan all the files on your device and list them into catalogue.
3. From the screen-capture from the iPhone 5 Transfer below, you can quickly find the Playlist catalogue
4. Mark the playlist you need to copy, select all the songs or select those you like, and click on “Computer” button to save playlist on computer.
Some sharp-eyed readers have found that except copying playlist from iOS device to computer, this tool also allows us to add new music to playlist, edit existed music or delete some music not so nice from the playlist. Yeah, all of these functions are able to make you enjoy music much more comfortable on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, what are you waiting for?
You May Also Like:
- How to transfer iPhone Music to Computer
- How to Transfer Music from iPod Touch/Classic/Nano/Shuffle to Computer