For better to use iPhone contacts and prevent contacts lost, grasping how to transfer contacts from iPhone to computer is hugely important. However, in most iPhone users, the iOS data management is complicated that they do not want to do it themselves. Here, I’m going to teach you how to back up your iPhone contacts to PC without difficulty.
Part 1: Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Computer with iTunes
iPhone contacts disappeared or deleted after iOS 8 upgrade, factory restore etc.? If you have synced iPhone with iTunes before lost contacts, it is easily to restore iPhone contacts from iTunes backup.
The transfer process goes like this:
1. Run iTunes on your computer
2. Connect your iPhone with computer
3. Navigate Start> Programs> Accessories to open “Address Book”
4. Click the iPhone icon on iTunes
5. Tick Info and choose “Sync contacts from” under “Contacts”, then pick “Windows Address Book” from the drop down menu. Check all the contacts.
6. Click “Sync” at the bottom right of iTunes.
This way actually is not hard to learn, yet most people don’t like it because after the restore, all the data in iPhone will be wiped! Moreover, it is not a directly transfer way that it doesn’t work for those who want to transfer contacts from iPhone to pc in a printed list, or who change a new phone just want to keep these contacts to look it up when need it.
When you need to transfer iPhone contacts on PC as readable and rewriteable file, go on to read the Part 2.
Part 2: Transfer Contacts from iPhone to PC without iTunes
In this part, I will show you how to copy iPhone contacts to computer with an iPhone data transfer tool. The iPhone data transfer tool can do most what iTunes, iCloud, Outlook, Gmail can’t do.
- Save the transfer contacts on computer as in a variety of formats including vCard file, Outlook Express, Windows Address Book, Windows Live Mail or Outlook 2003/2007/2010.
- Except transfer, it also can add, delete and edit iPhone contacts.
- Transfer iPhone contacts, photos, text messages, music, videos, app data and more.
- Compatible with iPhone 5S/5C/5/4S/4/3GS, iPad and iPod Touch.
So powerful tool actually is very easy to use, no tech skills are required. Here is how it works:
Step 1: Download program from www.any-data-recovery.com & install iPhone file transfer software on PC and launch it.
Step 2: Plug iPhone with computer then the program will automatically scan and list all the iPhone data on the program interface.
Step 3: Click “Contacts” on the left, and then choose any contacts you need to transfer, and click “Computer” button on the right.
Step 4: Choose the save path and contact format, click “Save” to finish.
This is how to transfer iPhone contacts to Windows 8/7. If you are Mac user, please check transfer contacts from iPhone to Mac.